Our annual re-enrollment process is now open for current families! Invitations have been sent via email to re-enroll using the method that is most convenient for your family (online at https://bit.ly/3wPVsCi, in-person, or paper form). Your early decision and response helps us plan effectively for the upcoming school year. Thank you again for being part of our school family!
Build a strong academic foundation from the start. Begin your education journey with us and save your student’s seat today!
The Local Wellness Policy is a written document that guides a local educational agency’s (LEA) or school district’s efforts to establish a school environment that promotes students’ health, well-being, and ability to learn. The Wellness Policy Committee has been created as an effort to manage and develop our school’s healthy habits.
» A Wellness Committee will be appointed to each school
» The committee may include parents and guardians, students, representatives of the school nutrition program, physical education teachers, or any other interested stakeholder that is aligned with the goals of the policy
» The committee shall meet a minimum of four times per year
This is a great opportunity to help promote and support student health and wellness, and create a positive, safe, and health-promoting learning environment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We want to hear from you. Please contact us at: email@example.com
We are excited to be recognized by the Ohio Department of Education with three stars for Progress!
Over the past week, we’ve been fielding questions from our community about the potential teacher strike at Columbus City Schools.
We want to confirm to our families that our school will not be affected by the strike. As a public charter school, we operate independently from public school districts.
We will begin the school year in-person as planned on Wednesday 8/24. For information about the new school year (calendar, supply lists, dress code, etc), visit our Parent Resources page.
We are a proud member of ACCEL Schools—a public charter school network serving thousands of PK-12 students throughout the United States. ACCEL was founded in 2012 by the early pioneers of online learning. Our leadership believes that all children, regardless of location or socio-economic background, deserve a quality education that prepares them to succeed in school and become productive global citizens.
ACCEL Schools Instructional Model provides:
- Aligned Academics meet or exceed state standards ensuring your child is on track for rigorous college and career opportunities.
- Certified, Licensed Teachers and a student-centered staff are united in executing our mission to make a difference in the life trajectory of each student.
- More Time on Task and double the instructional minutes for ELA and Math maximizes learning in your child’s school day.
- Short Cycle Assessments keep track of how students are progressing in the program, giving teachers ongoing feedback so they can tailor instruction to your student’s needs.
- Individualized Instruction driven by assessment data means we are familiar with the needs of each child and set students up for success in each course of study.
- State Testing Preparation reduces the anxiety often associated with high stakes tests, helping our teachers and students feel confident with the structure and methodology of state exams.
- Academic Support including education technology, interventional specialists, and instructional aides assist students during the school day. After school tutoring, summer school, and Saturday school programs extend support services beyond the traditional school day and year.
- Extracurricular Courses & Activities round out our educational offerings providing students social-emotional learning, athletics, arts, service learning & more.
Please watch our video from our Awards Ceremony held on May 20th, 2021!
We Are Black History! Please watch our school’s video created by students and staff.
We are happy to announce that our students will have multiple learning options for the 20-21 school year:
- Traditional In-person learning at the school building with added safety protocols and procedures.
- Online At-home learning supported by teachers, technology, and curriculum specifically built for online learning.
- Hybrid A mix of Traditional and Online learning with in-person and at-home components.
Over the coming weeks we will be releasing more detailed information. Please:
- Check your email, school website & Facebook page the Week of July 13 for further description of these models including logistical details like safety protocols, technology, and transportation.
- Plan to attend our upcoming Online 20-21 School Year Information Session—date and time will be announced soon!
- After attending the info session, please select the option for your student(s) by Friday, July 31st. Your student will be enrolled in the Traditional Cohort unless we hear a different selection from you by 7/31. To select your options, visit: www.accelschools.com/Fall2020
Thank you. We look forward to educating your student this school year!
We offer free breakfast and lunch to students through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), a federally-assisted meal program that provides nutritionally balanced, USDA-compliant meals to students each school day.
- Kindergarten Registration Now Open for Fall 2023!
- Join the Wellness Committee!
- Congratulations North Columbus Prep Academy!
- North Columbus Prep Academy Not Affected by Teacher Strike
- The ACCEL Schools Difference
- NCPA Awards Ceremony 2021
- NCPA Black History Video
- 20-21 Learning Options for Students
- Free School Meals
- Statement Regarding the Death of George Floyd